The Department of Physics, FMIPA UI has continuously developed its education, research and society responsibility since 1960. Based on the university vision “World Class Research University’’ and the university grand strategy “Integration, Excellence, and Enterprising”, the department actively encourages the academic to be involved in scientific activities in order to provide high quality graduates who can compete globally.
The Department of Physics conduct six study programs, namely S1 Regular and S1 Non-Regular, S1 Extension, master program in Physics and master program in Materials Science, and doctorate program in Materials Sciences. While the doctorate program in Physics is being proposed.
The Department of Physics also conducts five specialized fields in research, i.e. Electronic Instrumentation, Geophysics, Medical Physics, Materials Physics and Condensed Matter, and Nuclear Physics and Particles. A number of laboratories are located within the department for
Education and research purposes, namely Lab of Modern Physics, Lab of Parallel Computation,
Lab of Nuclear Physics and Particle Theory, Lab of Thin Film, Lab of X-Ray, Lab of ESR, Lab STEM,
Lab of UV-VIS-NIR, Lab of Furnace, Lab of Materialography, Lab of Exploration Geophysics, Lab of Instrumentation and Remote System, Lab of Telecommunication, Lab of Pneumatics and Hydraulic, and Lab of Medical Physics.
The department has also conducted training and other programs to serve the community, such as:
- Assistance for International Standard Schools and assistance for students and teachers of primary, junior high and junior school in Olympic activities;
- Training on LabVIEW and CISCO Networking based in Instrumentation and Electronics;
- Development of Nuclear Physics Theory using Parallel Computation;
- Training and consultation in Materials Science and Engineering (i.e. welding inspector);
- Consultation on medical instrumentation in a number of hospital in Jakarta;
- Consultation on oil and gas exploration, ground water, mining, geothermal, and environment.
Department of Physics
Gedung F Fakultas MIPA UI Depok 16424
Ph. (021) 7872609, 7872610
Fax . (021) 7863441
Website : http://www.fisika.ui.ac.id