History FMIPA UI

  • 1959 Founded and run by Institute of Technology Bandung (ITB). Initially known as Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences (FIPIA).
  • 1960 Moved to Salemba, Jakarta, FIPIA was later run by Universitas Indonesia. Prof. dr. G.A. Siwabessy was elected as the first dean of FIPIA UI.
  • 1961 The first student enrollment was done in academic year 1961/1962. FIPIA UI initially opened 4 departments: Department of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
  • 1965 – 1967  FIPIA UI opened The Department of Pharmacy and a couple of years later FIPIA UI opened The Department of Geography. Hence, FIPIA UI had officially opened 6 departments whereas their academic activities were spread out in various places.
  • 1975 All academic activities were then centered in Salemba, Jakarta.
  • 1982 FIPIA UI changed its name to Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences University of Indonesia (FMIPA UI).
  • 1987 FMIPA UI was officially moved from Salemba, Jakarta to Depok, West Java.
  • 2014 Department of Pharmacy officially left FMIPA UI and became a stand-alone faculty.
  • 2015 – present FMIPA currently has 5 departments: Department of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography