Acreditation : B
Degree : Bachelor of Science (S.Si.)
Campus : UI Depok
Length of Study : 8 Semesters|
Credit : 144
Language : Bahasa Indonesia
Become an excellent Geology Bachelor Study Program that is able to play a role in the aspects of education, research and service in the field of geology at the Southeast Asian level.
- Carrying out the Tridharma activities of higher education to produce graduates of the Geology Undergraduate Program as candidates for future leaders who are professional, intelligent, moral, have social sensitivity and excel in competing globally;
- Develop an atmosphere of active learning and the latest research in the field of geology to produce innovations and solutions that benefit the community and support national development and resilience.
Produce geology graduates who are able to contribute to the community as researchers, lecturers, practitioners and business people in analyzing the problems of natural and environmental resource management and earth disaster by applying technology in accordance with professional ethics at the national and international level.
Producing Bachelor of Geology University of Indonesia is able to analyze the problems of natural resource management, environment and earth disaster by applying technology according to professional ethics.
Competence of graduates
Bachelor of Geology from FMIPA Universitas Indonesia has the following competencies:
A. Main Competencies:
- Able to explain basic geological concepts;
- Able to explain geological conditions and objects in an area appropriately;
- Able to explain geological processes that develop in an area;
- Able to take geological data in the field;
- Able to do geological data processing in the laboratory;
- Able to do geological data modeling;
- Able to integrate geological data with other geoscience data;
- Able to follow the latest developments in the field of geology and apply it;
- Able to organize research results both orally and in writing;
- Able to analyze knowledge by conducting supervised research.
B. Supporting Competencies:
- Able to explain the basic principles of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and statistics in solving geological problems;
- Able to apply geology for the exploration and management of natural resources that are environmentally friendly;
- Able to estimate the amount of natural resource potential below the ground;
- Able to predict areas prone to geological disasters for the benefit of geological disaster mitigation;
- Able to apply geology for the benefit of environmental engineering and structuring;
- Being able to identify a variety of entrepreneurial efforts and regulation of natural resource management, energy, geological environment characterized by innovation and independence based on ethics.
C. Other Competencies:
- Having integrity, being able to think critically, creatively and innovatively, and having intellectual curiosity to solve problems at the individual and group level;
- Able to operate and utilize information and communication technology;
- Able to identify a variety of entrepreneurial efforts characterized by innovation and independence based on ethics;
- Able to use spoken and written language in Indonesian and English well for academic and non-academic activities;
- Able to provide alternative solutions to problems with various problems that arise in the environment, society, nation and state.
Department of Geoscience
Building A, FMIPA UI, Depok 16424
Telp. +62 21 7866731
Fax. +62 21 7866731